Build & Imagine: Where Girls Can Build Their Playsets
Our girls love to build with blocks. Legos. Cardboard. Knex. Pipe Cleaners. The food on their plate that they refuse to eat.
They also really love to engage in imaginary play. Just in the past week I’ve heard about two best friends try to work out a disagreement, a doctor having an office full of patients waiting to be seen, and friends getting ready to throw a big dinner party.
So when there’s a space where building and imagining get together and become friends? I’m all ears.
Last year we told you about a new company called Build & Imagine. We tested out their marine rescue center– and let me tell you– since this time last year, there have been a whole lot of marine animals being saved and sent back out to sea :).
The company has been growing quite a bit, and they reached out again to see if we’d want to try out another set. I said yes in an instant, mostly because this is one of the few toys that the girls have consistently played with, but also because this is a company that I believe in. They are doing the work of creating fun, interesting playsets where girls can play leading roles.
Malia’s House has been a fun addition to our collection of Build & Imagine sets.
The narrative surrounding this particular set: Malia and her friend Skylar love to hang out at Malia’s house together. They love to work in the garden, listen to music, make videos, and hang out in the pool. There’s never a dull moment with these two!
Our favorite things:
- The kids can create a play scene… and then recreate it into a totally different set up. Different story line, different setting, same pieces. Sometimes the girls use all the wall tiles; sometimes just a few.
- The various sets work really well together. The magnetic pieces are interchangeable; as are the wall tiles.
- The wooden dolls used in the set are diverse. It’s important to me that my kids’ toys reflect the ethnicities of their friends. When we have kids over, I want them to feel included and welcome. Diversity in dolls is just one small gesture, but we think an important one.
- Durability and ease of storage– we have packed up and hauled these doll sets back and forth across several states. And they’re still in perfect shape!
- The Glow-in-the-dark factor. We recently received the glow-in-the-dark magnetic slumber party set and if you have a 7-year-old girl (or boy), you probably understand the wonder that is glow in the dark anything.
Thanks to Build & Imagine for leading the way in creative toys that engage our kids’ hearts and minds!