Tuscan Rigatoni and White Beans
My whole family enjoys this meal, and I like that it comes together so quickly! You can make dinner even faster by cooking the sausage and onions in advance. Then all you’ll have to do after work is cook the pasta and heat everything up!
2 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta
1 cup chopped onion
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp dried
1/3 cup parmesian cheese
16 oz package of turkey sausage
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cook unions and sausage over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink. When I good sausage for meals like this I usually cut open the casings and dump the sausage out in order to cook it like hamburger. I find it’s a lot faster than cooking a whole sausage and the slicing it.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except cheese). I also added some summer squash to my recipe, just because I had some on hand. It was yummy!
- Cook 3-5 minutes, until hot.
- Sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!
Sports and other after school activities will be starting up soon so pin this recipe and you’ll have a quick and easy dinner on hand!