Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
I love the simplicity of a crock pot meal, but sometimes I don’t have time to chop a bunch of veggies or brown meat during the morning rush of getting kids to school. I like this honey sesame chicken recipe (which I came across here) because it doesn’t cook all day, which means it’s perfect for preparing while the little ones take their afternoon nap.
3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
Salt and pepper
1 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tspn corn starch, disolved in 2 Tbsp water
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the next six ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1.5-2.5 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot. Dissolve corn starch in water and add to sauce. Cook on high for ten minutes.
- Dice chicken and return to pot after the ten minutes has passed. Stir to coat. Serve with sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
My whole family enjoys this meal and if you’ve got leftovers, they taste great on day two! What’s your family’s favorite crock pot meal?