We’ve done kid St. Patty Day treats in the past, so today, I thought we needed an adult version of some green food.
If you ask me, in the land of nuts, pistachio is king. I adore pistachios. And I don’t even really like nuts. And I adore chocolate. So to put them together, yum-me. Oh, and there’s cream cheese in here for good measure because you can’t have too many delicious ingredients.
Bonus: You can almost call these good for you. Dark chocolate for antioxidants; pistachios for antioxidants, blood pressure lowering agents, and protein. I think I’ll have two. 🙂
from Kleinworth & Co.
2 cups of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (the better the chocolate the better the flavor)
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of chopped pistachios
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. Set aside to cool to almost room temperature
- Place cream cheese in mixer & beat until creamy
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Transfer to airtight container & refrigerate until firm. (at least 2 hours)
- Shape in to balls, scooping with a melon baller works well. (I used a tablespoon measurer)
- Roll in chopped pistachios to coat
- Return to baking sheet
- Refrigerate on lined baking sheet for at least 1 hour to firm up
- Store in a tightly covered container in refrigerator.