Valentine’s Day Pretzel Drops
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and the boys and I took advantage of a day off school to make these simple festive treats a bit in advance. We’ll store them in the freezer until it’s time to give them out to our neighbors and friends (hopefully I will not eat them all before that!). I loved that the kids were able to be so involved in this snack making fun – and the pretzel drops look so cute and are perfectly bite sized!
- Purchase small pretzels of your choice (regular shape, square, or circles all work fine)
- Spread the pretzels out on a parchment lined cookie tray. Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey Kiss. We used regular chocolate and some striped “Hugs” as well.
- Bake the pretzels in a 300 degree oven for about 4 minutes. I found that the striped “Hugs” candies took less time. You want them to be soft and shiny, but still have their points.
- Gently press an m&m into the melted kiss. We used the special Valentine’s Day ones.
- Set aside or refrigerate to harden chocolate.
- Try not to eat them all before Valentine’s Day!