Play: “Stained Glass” Easter Eggs
I thought I’d put up a quick bonus post today because the boys had such a good time making these Easter Eggs to decorate their bedroom windows with, and we all like the way they turned out.
1. Cut a piece of thick paper into a egg shape
2. Draw a design on the egg with permanent marker.
3. Color the egg. We used do-a-dot paints, but I think regular markers would work too. Watercolor paints may be another good option.
4. Soak a cotton ball with vegetable oil and rub it over the paper. This makes it so the light will shine through the paper instead of being blocked by it – the “stained glass” effect.
5. Put your egg under some books to flatten it out if it is curling up. I have a laminator that I put them through so they would keep nice for next year. Contact paper would work too.