Eat: Southwestern Stew
I wanted to be sure to share this go-to recipe before the cold winter months were over. This is an absolute favorite dinner recipe, and not only is it packed full of warm, protein goodness, but it is also a.) inexpensive to make, b.) easy-to-freeze and c.) easy to bring to other people for new-baby or just-had-surgery meals.
– one lb of turkey burger or hamburger
– 2 cans of corn, drained (or one bag of frozen corn)
– 2 cans of black beans (do not drain)
– 2 cans of condensed tomato soup
– 1 can of rotel (I use mild when taking it to new moms)
– 1/2 jar of mild salsa (of course use medium or hot if that’s what you family is into)
– 1 TB of ground cumin
1. Cook the burger. Drain off grease if using not-so-lean meat. (Did you know that one of my pet peeves is when blogs show uncooked meat? It totally grosses me out, so rest assured that when I write an Eat post, you will never see uncooked meat.)
2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and heat thoroughly.
3. Add green onions, shredded cheese, and sour cream, and scoop with tortilla chips!
|Look at all the fun we’re having eating! ha!|