Eat: Cake Ball Cones

You may also like...

13 Responses

1. Tiffany G. says:

What a cute idea! A friend is planning a "sweets party" for her daughter this would be a great favor. Thanks for sharing.

2. Anonymous says:

How far in advance can these be made? And how should they be stored if making in advance?

• I would suggest making the cake balls in advance and then freezing them if you want to make it in advance. If you do them too far in advance, the cones will get stale. We made them 2 days in advance, and we were still eating them about 5 days afterwards, although the cones were kinda stale.

3. Anonymous says:

These are fantastic! I am going to fill the cones with some really gooey rice krispie snacks!!

4. Anonymous says:

Is there an actual recipe somewhere with what ingredients you need and how much?

• PlayEat Grow says:

Right under the first two pictures in the post you'll find the ingredients – one box of cake mix, 1/2 container of frosting, chocolate melting wafers. Bake the cake according to the package directions, crumble baked cake and mix with frosting. Then follow the posts directions for making the cake ball cones. Good luck!

5. Awesome idea!! These look so good!

6. Katy says:

I loved this idea but had reservations about sending such big treats to school for my son’s birthday. When shopping for supplies today, I found these teeny cake cones, just big enough for a regular sized cake ball. They are adorable and the teacher will be grateful for the smaller size! Thanks for the idea!!!

• Tiffany says:

Oh what a great idea! It’s true– these things are huge :). Smart idea to make them small. If you don’t mind, would you send us a picture when you make it?? We’d love to share them on our Facebook!!

7. Sarah says:

Thank you so much! What a wonderful treat! My daughter and I made them for her birthday treat for her classroom. These are literally so easy! I thinned the wiltons melting candy with vegetable oil qhich worked well and I found mini ice cream cones at Fred Meyer so out of one cake I made 35 pops! Love it!

1. September 28, 2015